Friday, February 23, 2018 Time: 2:00 p.m
Location: in Amphitheatre B223
Dinner will follow in boardroom F-216
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes – December 13th 2017
- Business Arising
- Substitutions *
- Departmental Autonomy**
- Allocation Projet: Recommendations for 2018-19
- Reports & Announcements
- Memorials for Deceased Colleagues
- New Business
- Continuing Education Charges***
- CSN manifesto & Estates General of Higher Education –invited guests
REMINDER: PLEASE CALL 7053 TO RESERVE
as there will be food and drink after the GA.
*3.a) Substitutions: NOTICE of MOTION from Dec 13, 2017 GA:
Whereas the administration has proposed that the 1st substitution for a course not be paid;
That the first 3 class absences for a course section not be paid, in order to counter the deficit.
**3. b) Departmental Autonomy: Motion tabled at Dec 13, 2017 GA
Whereas the departmental use and distribution of allocation FTEs is always subject to the specificities of disciplinary and curricular needs and interests over which the departments themselves have primary purview and of which they are most cognizant;
Whereas it is in the best interests of students, teachers and the educational mission that measures for mitigating deficit in FTEs take account of the effects of such measures on curriculum, teaching and everyday practice in the classroom;
That the General Assembly recommends that departmental input and expertise be included formally in the form, among other things, of written proposals, in deliberations and negotiations at CRT over College administration proposals for addressing an actual or potential deficit in FTEs that entail changes to the departmental usage of course allocation FTEs.
***5.a) Continuing Education Charges
That Association Council recommend to the General Assembly that the principle that Cont Ed charges should be used exclusively for Type 1 teaching duties be followed by the administration.
- That Association Council recommend to the General Assembly that the Continuing Education charges be distributed according to seniority across disciplines and that CRT teacher members be mandated to advocate for this position.